Sunday, September 27, 2009

I love me some Yard Sales and Farmers Markets

My flowers... :)
Saturday is a time for yard sales and Farmers Markets and I think it's time to start going back to them! I used to go all the time with my mom, then for some reason, yard sales started to get kind of unpleasant.. so we stopped going to them.
So I thought, hey, since it's been quite a few years, let's go try it out. We actually got a few good things! We got the movies Big Daddy, Mean Girls, Tales of the Crypt Keeper, Love Stinks, and another brand new movie for $2 each. We got three recycled wood picture frames one for $2, another (which is a little bigger then the two dollar one) was $3, and this white rustic picture frame for $2. My mom also got some things-
Then after the yard sales, we went to Port Royal, which hosts a pretty nice Farmer's Market, with live music! You can find anything from different varieties of apples, onions, peppers, squash, pumpkins, or you can find tomatoes, okra, peanuts, bull grapes (yum), flowers, bread.. even puppies! The Humane Society was there selling puppies to good homes. It was a lot of fun, and I'm glad Beaufort offers something to go do on the weekends.
(I'll post pictures later).
Yesterday was also Jason's and my self's six month! We didn't do anything cause he had to clean (he's moving).. so he said we will do something in two weeks. But he did take me out to Panini's and he surprised me with flowers and a sweet card at my house.

No comments: