Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The old fisherman.. who spoke.

So my father was in the local newspaper about SCE&G spraying herbicides underneath power lines and the herbicides leaching into waterways and killing all the aquatic plants and all other living things.
This is what he had to say-"We're big into the environment," said James Boyd, a Grays Hill resident who noticed the spraying crew and its 500-gallon tanker truck Wednesday and immediately began calling local officials and researching on the Internet.
"If we're not working or doing a honey-do list, we're fishing," Boyd said. "We're at the river. Go look where they sprayed it and see if you see anything growing. I want it stopped."
Even though I doubt they are ever going to stop the spraying, I'm still proud of my father for trying to help the environment.

No comments: