Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fabulous Idea

 I think this is a creative idea..
A few months ago, my father gave me a box that glasses of Merlot came in.
The box has been sitting underneath a table of mine for awhile now. Well, yesterday, I was thinking of storing some things in it, so when I opened it the box I noticed some wood; which held the bottles in place, I took them out and just started messing around with them, then came up with this great idea!
All you need is:
 - Wood, (from wine cases).
-Glue Gun, with Glue Sticks.
-Acrylic Paint.
-Scissors.
-and Twine.
(And maybe glass if your going to use yours as frames).
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
1. Glue the three pieces of wood together.
2. Paint wood whatever color your heart desires, I went with a Coastal Blue color.
3. Take white paint, and paint around the circles, inside the circles, and the frame.
4. Take twine, measure it around frame, cut it, and only glue the twine to the bottom of the frame, your going to need the top part of the twine to be free, so you can hang it in case you want to use it as pictures frames.
And Ta Da!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I need to go get some glass cut from Lowes, and some beachy pictures developed to put in them.
But for right now, I am being creative and put them on a shelf in the kitchen. It adds a pop of color in there, and makes the ceilings seem higher.




5 comments:

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

well look at you miss little creative. great idea! and it does at a nice pop of color!

Alycia said...

that's such a great idea!!

kaylabanana? said...

That is cute! What a great idea, I would have never thought of such a thing!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! And it looks easy enough for even someone like me. I love it!

birdie to be said...

So cute! Great job!