Friday, June 24, 2011

And the thunder rolls- Garth Brooks

It hasn't rained in awhile here in South Carolina.
 We got a storm last Saturday night, I was out on at a friends beach house with a few friends, we sat on the back porch and watched the storm ease across the ocean; lighting, thundering.. it was amazing; if only I had my camera! Well, yesterday, I was on the way to Bluffton to do a little shopping with my mum, when we went across Broad River bridge, one side was nothing but white tips (meaning there were huge waves), and darks skies, the other side had a rainbow believe it or not. I took some pictures, but you can barely see it, it's not really worth posting on here. But it was still beautiful. I love storms, the rain, lighting, thunder, wind.. it just thrills me to know end! I used to want to go chase down Tornadoes, and take pictures of Hurricanes, I know I sound a little crazy, but I love that adrenaline.
But for now, I will just stick to taking pictures of little thunder storms. I didn't have my Nikon, so I had to shoot these with my Sony Cybershot. I was in a moving vehical, soooo that's why they look kinda bad. I just wanted to show you all how dark the sky was!




6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay! We finally got rain! It rained like crazy here in Charleston. My grass is happy.

augustalolita said...

beautiful places and stunning photos <3

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! The pictures are great! Xoxoxo

Courtney B said...

That sounds so dreamy....to sit on the porch of a beach house and watch a storm roll in! Lucky girl!
And these pictures are great!!

Anna Walker said...

Wow that sky is sooo dark! I bet it was a lovely summer storm! Send some of it to CA! :D

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Tricia said...

Great photos, Kristen. Maybe you need to live in Minnesota, we got lots of storms here :)