Sunday, January 15, 2012

Somewhere Sunday


I really dislike spending my Sunday's inside, so I decided to spend my Sunday out at The Sands in Port Royal with my fun brother, and our pup, Max. It was rather cold when we left the house, but at soon as we got to The Sands, the wind stopped blowing, it was perfect! It was nice walking on the beach, looking for Sharks teeth, and other shells. It was low tide, which meant we could look underneath all the oysters for teeth. My brother wanted to have a competition on who found the most teeth, I let him win. Even though I did find the biggest! There were other dogs out on the beach, running around, jumping in the ice cold water.
 It was so very peaceful, watching the dogs run around, people feed the Seagulls, boats drive by, people searching for shells..
  We took a walk on the boardwalk, up the pier, and watched the sunset. The river was calm, not a ripple in sight. We watched all the Seagulls, Pelicans, and Herons disappear into the night sky. Instead of going back on the boardwalk, we decided to through the marsh trail. You could hear all the little crabs scatter across the ground, hiding in their little holes beneath the marsh grass. The night sky was so beautiful. I'm so glad I got to spend it with my brother, he is growing up too fast, and I want to spend as much time with him as I can, and same goes for Max, you can never spend too much time with your pup!



I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
I sure did!





















1 comment:

Sara Szatmary said...

Being by the water is so calming. It looks like you had a magical adventure there!