Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lettuce Love...

Well hello everyone! Today was another beautiful hot day.. which im loving! It was around 85 degree's I believe. It's perfect right now, anything higher is just miserable.. I checked on my baby's, I already have green little lettuce's sprouting! Speaking of lettuce, I finally harvested mine, and made myself a delcious salad (which consisted of tomatoes, green olives, carrots, & eggs). It was soo good!!! I love knowing that im eating healthy, organic, non-pesticide lettuce.For dinner my mom made cabage, with red skinned potato's and carrots! And for desert, I, yes I, made Banana Nut Bread! It was pretty much my first "sweet" to make all by myself, and it turned out to be delicious! I wish I could give you the recipe, but it's a secret, my secret. (Not really.. I got it out of this months Family Circle). I did add cream cheese icing to the bread for an extra touch.
I would like to tell everyone that my lettuce has become a home for a special tree frog. While I was watering my lettuce I spotted this cute little frog under a wet leaf, im glad it found himself/herself a nice "moist" place to live. Anyways, im off to go eat myself a piece of bread. Good night everyone!

~Tree Frog~

1 comment:

trishie said...

Looks so healthy and absolutely delicious too! I've trying to grow vegetables too so i have my own organic good stuff to cook with.