Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rest in Peace Aunt Susie..

Mrs. Susie Boyd Anthony of Stone Mountain and Panama City, FL, died September 6, 2009. A native of Emanuel County, she was the daughter of the late James W. and Bernice Youmans Boyd. She is survived by her husband of 44 years, James "Jim" Anthony; son, John S. Anthony of Stone Mountain, and daughter and son-in-law, Heather A. and Wade Collins of Tallahassee, FL. The family will receive friends from 1-2 p.m. prior to the service at A. S. Turner & Sons. A memorial service will be held in the chapel of A. S. Turner & Sons at 2 p.m. Thursday, September 10th.
Susie was my father's half sister, she was such a funny person to be around, I always liked seeing her, even though it was only a few times. I wish I would have gotten to know her a little bit better; now that im getting older, I could have maybe had a drink or two at her Tiki Bar down in Panama City. There is not much that I can say, other then her death was unexpected.. I think it put everyone in shock. But now she is in a much better place, with other loved ones who have passed, and waiting for the ones that are still here, to come home. I'll miss you Aunt Susie, I will always remeber when you told my brother in the elevator (fairly tipsy) that "you looooooved him". Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a perfect moment when Susie said that to Nick. That's what i'll miss too, was how she could make you laugh.

Mum