Sunday, October 27, 2013

Just a Sunday drive

I spent my day on the country back roads.
Along the way I stopped at two places, one was a cute country board and batten shack that had Pumpkins, Gourds, colorful Corn, Hay bales, and free hay rides to the pumpkin patch. It was really packed with people doing their last minute pumpkin picking, and going through the corn mazes, and singing on the hey ride through the fields of pumpkins.
The second place I stopped at was Braces Orchard, I've been there before for fresh picked Cherries, but I really wanted to go there for their Apple Cider. I've seen it at local grocery stores, but I wanted to go there and buy it. They were packed as well, (I guess everyone wanted some Apples, and Apple Cider). I purchased a nice gallon of Apple Cider, all for myself. I could drink it all day, everyday! Hot or cold, cinnamon or ice.. mmm mmm good! They also had tasty Bosc Pears, that looked delicious, all kinds of Apples that were covered with candy, chocolate, nuts, then they had actual Apples, of all kinds, sweet to crisp. I didn't know they made old fashion candy as well as their own jams and relish. So much to choose from!
People were buying bushels of Apples.. I don't know what for, maybe they plan on making Pies? There was a whole truck load of older men that bought candy apples... I guess you can be any age for those? Then you had the people going crazy for Apple Doughnuts, literally waiting for them to be made! They, too, had a Hay ride through the Apple Orchards. Families were everywhere, taking pictures, eating Apples, and drinking fresh Apple Cider.
I just love days like these, it was the perfect way to end the weekend.
I must say Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year!



 





No comments: